Ngo, Bryan L.
Bryan L. Ngo is the Firm’s Managing Partner.
Mr. Ngo concentrates his practice in the areas of Finance, Commercial/Corporate Law, Real Estate and Bankruptcy.
Having been in practice for over twenty two years, Mr. Ngo provides counseling to corporations, partnerships, joint ventures, capital management firms and high-net worth individuals in regards to their business growth strategies, corporate governance, succession planning, finance, real estate and personal tax/estate planning needs.
Formerly associated with the large national firms of Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP and Brobeck Phleger & Harrison LLP (now defunct), Mr. Ngo has represented clients in numerous areas which has involved representing institutional lenders and mortgage bankers in the origination of commercial loans intended for securitization as well as counseling corporate clients with their corporate restructuring and seed/start-up financings, assisting clients with the implementation of risk management policies and resolving shareholder governance disputes.
In the early years of his career, Mr. Ngo had played an integral role in the representation of the second largest land-owning family in Orange County, California in connection with the real estate development of a 7,000 home master-planned community development, which work included the acquisition, disposition and leasing of real property as well as the construction and development of strip malls, retail centers, sports park and senior housing.
During the Great Recession period of 2008 to 2012, Mr. Ngo served as corporate restructuring and bankruptcy counsel to numerous clients throughout the State of California and successfully secured numerous plan confirmations in Chapter 13 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy case matters for various corporate and individual debtors.
In addition to his insolvency practice, Mr. Ngo continues to represent a number of high net-worth individuals in trade financing matters, credit financings, international commodities transactions, as well as various real estate investors and developers in many aspects of real estate development, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, formation of joint ventures to develop real property, financing and construction contracts.
Currently, Mr. Ngo serves as outside general counsel to businesses in the areas of technology, engineering, health care, law, finance and real estate, whereby he works closely with clients to develop creative, effective solutions to a wide array of issues.
Mr. Ngo earned his Bachelor’s Degree in economics from U.C. Berkeley (1993) and his Juris Doctor (JD) from the U.C.L.A. School of Law (1997). Mr. Ngo is admitted to practice law in the State of California, and he is able to practice before all State Courts of California and the United States District Courts in all four districts in California (Central District, Southern District, Eastern District and Northern District). He is also admitted to practice before all bankruptcy courts in all districts within the State of California.
Some of Mr. Ngo’s past work has included the following:
- Represented a buyer/borrower in a successful $22M acquisition financing of a commercial building in the SF Bay Area in connection with the $20M+ conduit loan provided by a WallStreet institutional lender.
- Represented a borrower in a $24.5M construction financing in connection with the construction and development of a 12.5 MW capacity solar power generation facility for one of the largest solar farm on airport real estate in North America.
- Represented two co-borrowers in a $26.75M re-financing of a strip center in Napa, California.
- Represented a borrower in a $15M re-financing (via a conduit loan) for a 160 multi-family unit in Chico, CA.
- Represented a borrower in connection with a complex loan defeasance transaction.
- Represented a large Arizona-based technology company in regards to its large commercial loan restructuring with its institution lender.
- Represented both landlords and tenants in numerous commercial leasing matters.
- Represented numerous institutional lenders in multi-family apartment conduit / CMBS financings.
- Represented various real estate developer and owners in proceedings under Chapter 11 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented creditors in connection with the filing of an involuntary bankruptcy and various other bankruptcy adversary proceedings for non-dischargeability.
- Represented a master real estate developer in the construction, development and financing of a full service 18-hole golf course (with banquet facilities) in South Orange County, California.
- Represented real estate clients in various lease disputes and related litigation matters.
- Represented shareholders in multiple business disputes and shareholder buy-outs.